Meet Our Team – Q&A with Clare
With decades of experience in the industry, we chat with Clare, one of our property managers, about her career at Chapman Property.
1.How long have you worked at Chapman Property?
2. What do you love most about your job?
Satisfaction of reaching high expectations of both my landlords and tenants and treating my properties as if they were my own. Understanding the importance of forming a strong relationship with both owners and tenants. At the end of the day making sure everyone is happy.
3. What advice would you give to someone looking to become a property manager?
You must be dedicated and love what you do. Pay a great deal of attention to detail. Hard work however rewarding. You also need a comprehensive rental market knowledge and thorough understanding of the legislation.
4. What is a story highlight of your career so far?
Highlights happen every day in this position – nothing is every the same, so no time to be bored. Professional relationships. Working for a long-established family company.
5. Where do you see the Newcastle property market in 5 years?
Rents on the increase due to sales levelling out.
6. Where is your go to coffee shop in Newcastle?
Newcastle Fresh Bread House (Opposite the office) they see me pull into the car park and have my coffee ready.