Many options for this charming, low-maintenance home
Solid investment opportunity with current tenants residing here for more than 5 years and keen to stay on. The University of Newcastle is just 2 km away. Heaton Public School and Callaghan College Senior Campus (yrs 11 & 12) are also only 2 km away and Callaghan College Waratah Campus (yrs 7-10) is 5.3 km. Shops and services are as near as Stockland Jesmond less than 2 km away. There are good highway links and Newcastle and its beaches are within 12 km.
Nestled in a quiet street in popular Birmingham Gardens, this charming weatherboard cottage is low-maintenance thanks to a tiled roof, covered areas, and lawned yards. Less time gardening, maintaining and repairing; and more time for your family and friends. But if you enjoy gardening, you have a blank canvas in both yards.
– Lawned front and back yards with just a few mature trees to maintain
– Entry via a covered porch with thick trees for privacy
– Large lounge with air conditioning and view to the porch greenery
– Modern tiled kitchen with window to backyard to watch the kids
– Dining area adjoining the kitchen
– Bright sunroom suitable for a range of uses, looking out on trees in the backyard
– Three roomy bedrooms, each with a built-in-robe and carpet
– Attractive tiled bathroom with separate bath
– Laundry with two doors (one from kitchen and the other to the backyard)
– Separate WC off the laundry
– Other features include a linen cupboard and single carport
The house has passive solar design with north-facing windows to the sunroom and kitchen, so these rooms capture the winter sun, yet the back verandah protects these rooms from the hot summer sun. The bedrooms are cooler, with east or south-facing windows, so you will be comfortable on those hot summer nights. The carport also shades the lounge’s western wall.
With a large yard and with a sunroom as well as lounge, there is scope here for a family of 4 to 6 members (if the sunroom is used as a fourth bedroom). It may also be a comfortable retirement home for a couple. There is also plenty of room in the rear for a caravan and you are within walking distance of the races and the Gardens Sports Club.
- 3 bed
- 1 bath
- Land is 550 m²
- Rumpus Room